Gum Grafts in Vancouver, BC | Gum Grafts Near Me | Enhance Dental Centre
Recession is a fairly common dental issue that causes the gum to pull back and recede, exposing the roots of the teeth. A receded gum can cause many issues such as tooth sensitivity, decay, aesthetic problems, and even loss of your teeth.
If you have gum recession, the dentist near you may recommend getting a gum graft, which is a procedure that covers and protects the exposed roots of your teeth. At Enhance Dental Centre, we offer gum grafts near you to protect your teeth from recession.
Causes of Gum Recession
Gum recession can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Gum disease
- Orthodontic treatment
- Aggressive brushing
- Prominent roots of the teeth
- Abnormal bite
What to Expect During Gum Graft Surgery
Although gum grafting sounds scary, it is a relatively simple dental procedure with a high success rate. Different types of gum grafts are available. Some of the commonly used grafts are connective tissue graft, free gingival graft, and pedicle grafts. Depending on your situation, our dentist in Vancouver, BC, will be able to advise the most suitable type for you.
Our dentist at Enhance Dental Care will first numb your tooth and the gum area. The gum graft is harvested and placed into the area of recession. It is then sutured and secured into place.
Recovery after the Procedure
Just like any other procedure, it is important to follow post-operative instructions given by your dentist.
- Have a soft diet for a few days after the procedure.
- Keep the area clean by using mouth rinses to prevent infection.
- Do not brush or floss that area. You can gently brush the rest of the teeth with a soft toothbrush.
- Avoid smoking during the recovery phase.
- Take enough rest and avoid rigorous physical activity.
- You might have some pain after the procedure. Take the pain medication prescribed by the dentist. We might also prescribe antibiotics to prevent any infection.
Gum grafts are effective in repairing gum recession. If you want to learn more about gum grafts near you, book a consultation with us today!