Extractions in Vancouver, BC
If the prospect of getting your tooth extracted makes you apprehensive, it’s time to set your fears at rest. Our highly trained dentists near you offer a full spectrum of sedation techniques that minimize pain, anxiety and discomfort. Please call Enhance Dental, Centre to learn more about our methods.
Why Extractions Are Sometimes Unavoidable
While our experienced dentists in Vancouver, BC try their best to save the natural tooth, some times, the tooth structure has been compromised beyond repair. If a root canal or endodontic treatment cannot preserve the tooth, we may need to pull the tooth for pain relief or a more predictable treatment option.
Tooth removal may be necessary in the following cases:
- A tooth whose roots have been severely damaged due to decay or gum disease
- Deep or extensive tooth decay that has spread to the nerves and blood vessels in the pulp
- Trauma or injury that has forced the tooth to crack or fracture near the base
- A wisdom tooth that is impacted under the gum tissue and causing discomfort and pain
- An overcrowded dentition that is causing malocclusion and disfiguring your smile
- An adult tooth is starting to erupt when the primary tooth hasn’t yet fallen out on its own
How Sedation Dentistry Helps
One of our reliable dentists will apply some numbing gel before injecting the local anesthesia gently into the gums. The numbing gel helps deaden the nerves, and the patient barely feels the prick of the anesthetic injection. Once the area is freezed, we begin the extraction procedure.
We may offer general anesthesia and refer patients requiring complex, multiple surgical extractions or disabled patients to prevent sudden movement during the extraction procedure.
Tooth Extractions in Vancouver, BC
Dental extractions at Enhance Dental Centre usually take anywhere between 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the location of the tooth and the complexity involved. We will first evaluate the tooth using advanced 3D scanning technology before planning the extraction procedure. During the tooth extraction, you may experience pressure (but no pain) as our skilled dentists gently luxate the tooth and take it out.