How Our Vancouver Pediatric Dentists Can Assist Your Child With Oral Care
Some examples of care provided by our Vancouver pediatric dentists include:
- Infant oral health exams including risk assessment to prevent oral health problems.
- Fluoride treatments and diet and nutrition recommendations as part of a program of preventative dental care.
- Counseling on pacifier use and thumb sucking.
- Early assessments on bite and teeth position.
- Fillings and tooth defect repair.
- Oral health diagnosis, for example diagnosing conditions such as diabetes, asthma, and hay fever.
- Oral health management and treatment of gum disease and other oral conditions.
- Treatment of dental injuries.
Our Pediatric dentists not only care for your child’s oral health, but they have special skills with respect to how to deal with children. Kids are not just small adults, they have different emotional needs, and they often require added patience and understanding. Our Pediatric dentists not only know how to care for your children’s teeth, but also how to care for your child.
Even though your child’s teeth are not permanent, it is important s/he has regular dental checkups. Regular visits to the dentist help to teach your child important oral health habits that they’ll need for life. More importantly, our pediatric dentists will be able to assess whether the cleaning you do at home is adequate. Our Vancouver Pediatric dentists can also quickly identify possible oral health problems and provide proper treatment or preventative techniques. Simply put, our pediatric dentists have the skills needed to work with children to ensure their life-long oral health.