Meet the Doctor
Dr. Vahid Pazhoh, General Dentist
The seeds of my passion for dentistry were planted during high school when I learned of the unique blend of science, art, creativity, and manual dexterity that this profession demands.
My dental education includes the following degrees:
- 2015 – present; General Dentist, The National Dental Examining Board of Canada
- 2000 – 2003; Master of Science in Periodontics, Specialty Board Certificate from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- 1991 -1996; Doctorate in General Dentistry, Board Certificate from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
My extra dental training includes the following certificates:
- 2021 – Training Course, in advance implant therapy and bone, soft tissue, and sinus grafting at gIDE dental institute
- 2018 – Training Course, in re-treatment of root canal teeth and complex cases at North shore endodontics
- 2017 – Training Course, Level 1 & 2 Basic Botulinum Toxin: Cosmetic Upper face and Bruxism TX, at Pacific Training Institute for Facial Aesthetics
- 2016 – Training Course in dental practice business and management at Sauder School of Business
- 2015 – Training Course, in Inhalation and Oral Sedation in Dentistry, at University of British Columbia Dentistry
- 2015 – Training Course, in hand-on approach to Cone Beam CT (CBCT) Technique and Interpretation, at University of British Columbia Dentistry
Now, after more than 25 years as a dentist, I am experienced in:
- All aspects of general dentistry, including root canal and composite fillings
- Smile design makeover with porcelain veneers and crowns,
- Periodontal surgeries including implant placement, open and closed sinus lift, aesthetic gingival surgery, gum graft, wisdom tooth surgery, surgical tooth exposure, and apical root surgery
- Having performed over 3000 dental implant placements, I am experienced in placing different dental implant systems, including Nobel Biocare and Straumann, Astra, and MIS.
In parallel with my clinical activities, I was able to take a painting course and attend a competition among Iranian miniature painters and my works.