Dental Implants & Implant Dentistry
Kitsilano, Vancouver Dental Implants & Implant Dentistry
Dental implants in Kitsilano, Vancouver have become increasingly popular in recent years as a long-term solution for missing teeth. They offer a range of benefits over other alternatives, such as dentures and bridges, and can significantly improve the quality of life for those who opt for this treatment. Losing one or more tooth can severely impact an individual’s daily function as well as the look of your smile. When you are missing a tooth, it can change the frame and contours of your mouth. The spaces between your teeth can affect the way you eat specific foods. Additionally, the spaces left by missing teeth can reduce the overall appearance of your smile which may result in reduction of your self-confidence.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically placed into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth root. Once the implant has fused with the bone, a crown or other dental prosthesis can be attached to the top of the implant to create a natural-looking replacement tooth.
Why choose Kitsilano, Vancouver dental implants?
There are several reasons why dental implants are a popular choice for those who have lost one or more teeth:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and they can help to restore the appearance of a smile that has been impacted by missing teeth.
- Improved speech: Missing teeth can impact speech, making it difficult to pronounce certain words. Dental implants can help to restore speech clarity.
- Improved comfort: Dentures can be uncomfortable and may shift or cause sore spots in the mouth. Dental implants are a permanent solution that doesn’t require any special care beyond regular brushing and flossing.
- Improved eating: Missing teeth can make it difficult to eat certain foods, such as steak or apples. With dental implants, patients can eat whatever they like without worrying about their teeth shifting or coming loose.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants don’t require any special cleaning beyond regular brushing and flossing, and they don’t require any special adhesives or cleansers like dentures do. This can help to improve oral health over the long term.
What is the process for getting dental implants by Kitsilano, Vancouver Dentist?
The process for getting dental implants typically involves several steps:
- Consultation: Patients will meet with a dentist or oral surgeon for a consultation to determine if they are a good candidate for dental implants.
- Implant placement: If the patient is a good candidate, the dentist or oral surgeon will place the implant into the jawbone. This procedure typically takes around an hour, and patients may be given a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- Healing: After the implant has been placed, it will need time to fuse with the bone. This typically takes several months, during which time patients may need to avoid hard or chewy foods.
- Abutment placement: Once the implant has fused with the bone, a small connector called an abutment will be placed on top of the implant. This will allow a crown or other dental prosthesis to be attached to the implant.
- Crown placement: Finally, a custom-made crown or other dental prosthesis will be attached to the abutment. This will create a natural-looking replacement tooth that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
What are the risks associated with dental implants?
As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks associated with dental implants. These may include infection, nerve damage, and implant failure. However, these risks are relatively rare, and most patients experience few or no complications.
It’s worth noting that the success rate for dental implants is very high – around 95% – and most patients report high levels of satisfaction with the results.
How much do dental implants cost in Kitsilano, Vancouver?
The cost of dental implants can vary depending on a range of factors, such as the number of teeth being replaced and the location of the implant. In general, dental implants tend to be more expensive than other alternatives such as dentures or bridges, but they offer a range of benefits that may make them worth the cost.
Some dental insurance plans may cover the cost of dental implants, so it’s worth checking with your provider to see if you are eligible for coverage.
Dental implants are a popular and effective solution for missing teeth. They offer a range of benefits over other alternatives, such as improved appearance, comfort, and oral health. While there are some risks associated with the procedure, these are relatively rare, and most patients experience few or no complications. If you are considering dental implants, it’s important to speak with a qualified dentist or oral surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and not intended to replace professional care. Please consult your physician or dentist for advice and diagnoses so you can be properly treated for your specific situation.